How do I put on my new shoes?
For as silly as the above question may seem, given the uniqueness of our shoe designs, it is actually an awesome inquiry!
So as you are opening up the box of your new kicks, here are some BILLY Basics that you may find helpful when putting on your shoes:
- The laces are functional so be sure to loosen them first before unzipping the shoes to put them on.
- With laces loosened and shoe unzipped, place your foot inside the shoes. If wearing an orthotic and you need extra room, feel free to remove the removable inserts inside the shoes.
- Zip the shoes closed by pulling the slider-pull outward and around in a sweeping motion. If it is difficult to zip shut, check to ensure your foot is firmly on the footbed with your heel firmly against the back of the shoe. If it is still difficult to zip, check to see if the laces are loosened enough. If it is still difficult to zip, check to see if the zipper teeth are clear of any fabric, such as a sock.
Note: The zipping of BILLY shoes should not take any excessive force. When forced, the zipper slider is at risk of skipping teeth, which may cause the zipper itself to separate, or the zipper slider could jump off a rail altogether. If you are having trouble, you may need to size up or go with a wider style.
- Once zipped, tighten the shoe laces to your desired tautness, tie the ends of the laces together, and apply a double knot.
- The shoes should now be properly fit for your foot. Keep the laces tied and use the zipper henceforth to get in and out of your shoes. Enjoy!
If you happen to have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com for assistance. We are always happy to help.
- Your friends at BILLY Footwear
Be sure to tag @billyfootwear on your social posts!